Sunday, July 20, 2008

Emma's First Trip to Disneyland

A couple of months ago, I decided that Emma was at the age that she could appreciate Disneyland. So I trained her to ask her dad to take her. He agreed that it would be a good idea but wouldn't finalize any dates. We bothered him and then bothered him some more. Finally he gave up and we went. I haven't been to Disneyland in a long time and a lot of things have changed. The first ride we went on was "Snow White's Scary Ride".....bad idea. It really is scary! Emma wasn't too sure about Disneyland after that ride....but then we met some princesses and she fell in love with Disneyland.
Will wanted to buy the kids hats so that they wouldn't get sunburnt but Emma didn't want to buy anything but an autograph book that she excitedly had the princesses sign. After lunch, Will had to leave Disneyland so that he could get back Vegas in time for work on Tuesday (In case you were wondering, I wasn't really thinking when I agreed to him leaving early). Luckily his dad and my brothers family stayed with us. This is a picture of Emma and her cousins.
At the end of the night after the fire work show I was feeling guilty that Emma had missed out on some of the Fantasyland rides. So, I told Emma that we would get in line for the Peter Pan Ride. On our way over to the ride Emma said, "Tomorrow Mommy, I want to go home". She was so tired that she didn't even want to go on Peter Pan. We barely made it to the car, we were so exhausted. Overall the trip was a success but we really couldn't have done it without Papa. Thank You so much.
We were in Utah on the Fourth of July for our nephews baptism. Before we left I was talking to Emma trying to get her excited about the trip and especially excited to see her first baptism. She added , "go to Disneyland" to the itinerary. I tried to explain to her that Disneyland is in California and that we were going to Utah. She replied with "I don't want to go to Utah. I want to go to California". I am excited for our second trip to Disneyland. According to Will, it won't happen for a long time!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hooray for a blog update and a trip to Disneyland! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Sara said...

I'm glad that you got to go to Disneyland;) Tyler misses Emma. Sadie is finally walking. Jason posted a video on our blog! Horray!

Amy said...

I am jealous you guys went to disneyland! I am dying to go there. Just waiting for allie to get a LITTLE older! Emma is so darling in those pictures. She looks so old and grown up! I'll be sure not to do the snow white ride when we go. Miss you guys. How is your new ward?
Amy