Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Month of December

After Thanksgiving, we spent a week in California. We celebrated Emma's birthday with family.


We had a tea party at cousin, Jocilynne's house.


We played and had lots of fun with dad and grandpa at Castaic Park.



When we got home, Emma, Evan and Dad had fun on Emma's new slide.




In preparation for the new baby we got busy cleaning the house. This is Will's way of getting the kids to help clean up.

We met Santa on the Boulder City Train. Emma was especially excited. She asked Santa for a blue book and a blue sled (she didn't get either).

We decorated our Christmas Tree. It was a pretty sad looking tree.

I spent a week making these Nativity costumes for a ward activity. Will made his own costume. After I finished Emma's costume I explained to her who Mary was and showed her pictures. She got really excited to go to the dinner and wear her costume. Since the activity, anyone that mentions Mary gets an explanation from Emma on how she was Mary.
It snowed in Las Vegas!





Daniel Benjamin Harty was born on December 19th. He weighed 7 pounds and 6 ounces. He was 20 inches long. When Will asked Evan if he wanted to hold the baby, Evan said yes and held up his hands. It was very cute. I will post more details about the delivery later.

We made a gingerbread house. Evan kept dipping his candy in the frosting and then licking the frosting off the candy.

Evan got these sunglasses for Christmas.


This was the only picture where you could see all of their faces. Too bad Daniel looks like a baby monkey.




Emma graduated from Nursery. She kept getting upset with Will and I because we were smiling at her. Hence the frowning girl. I bribed her with candy at home to take a nice smiling picture.



We have been so happy to have Daddy home with us. He has been a lot of help.

Daniel is doing well. He has already gained some weight and we are so happy that he is healthy.

15 comments:

Megan said...

Yay!!! Congrats! And what a busy couple weeks. You're looking good Susie!

Karen said...

What a great post. So many fun pictures. I especially love the one of Will on the slide, GREAT. Evan with his sunglasses, too cute. Emma was precious in her nursery graduation picture. BTW, Daniel doesn't look like a monkey but he is in a precarious place! :)

Deters said...

Congratulations!!! I love the pictures of Evan and Will together. Evan looks so much like him- too cute. Hope you are doing well and recovering quickly.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope you are getting a lot of rest. You make gorgeous children! It looks like you have had a fun and a busy December. Have a great new year's.

Ariane said...

Look at your family. They are adorable and little Daniel is precious. It looks like December was a very busy month. Congrats!

sara gaisford said...

Your little family is so cute!! Congrats with baby Daniel!!

Mandy said...

Congrats on your new baby boy!! He's beautiful, and you look great, Susie!!

I love the grass in your backyard - when I saw it this summer, it scared me with all the dirt. :)

Hey, we got an offer from NV Energy, as well as US Airways. We haven't gotten specifics from Gary, so can you send me an email address for Will? My address is mrsmbmATyahooDOTcom - Brandon has some questions. THANKS!!

emily and kevin griffin said...

Congratulations! Daniel is very cute as well as Emma and Evan!

Danny and Laura said...

Wow, you've been busy since your last post. Congratulations on little Daniel. Did you name him after your brother, or did you just like the name?

Melissa said...

Congrats guys. I love how you just so casually mention- "oh and we also had a baby..." It looks like all is going well in Las Vegas. We miss you guys and wish we could meet little Daniel. I can't believe how long Emma's hair is- she's grown up so much!

CL said...

Congratulations to Emma on graduating from nursery- that's a cute idea to have them dress up- and happy birthday to her too!! What a cute little boy Daniel is! I wish you a speedy recovery! Where did you deliver? Who was your doctor? Did you like him or her? Not that I'm pregnant but if we come back I want to find someone good!!

j cubed said...

You seriously have the cutest kids on the planet! Tell baby Daniel and the rest of the family hi for us! We love you.

Deters said...

Hey Suzie, can you email me your address so we can send an annoucement out to you? deters34@gmail.com Thanks

S&F Seminario said...

That is one awesome and noteworthy post! Congrats on little Daniel! We were so sad to have missed you in California. We will have to make a special trip to see you when we can. We just love your little family and we are so happy for you.

Darci Wilson said...

Hey Susie!! Remember me from a long long time ago?! I found your blog through Laura's. You look great and your family is beautiful. I just started my own blog so we can keep in touch!!