Thursday, August 13, 2009

Crafty Friends

I am not much of an artist or good with crafts. However, I am surrounded by talented friends.

Recently, I was gifted this hair accessory display by Laurel. She made one for her daughter and posted pictures on her blog. I loved it and had to have one for Emma. So, being the wonderful friend she is....tada....

Then, I have a super neighbor that includes me in her craft projects. She is making dolls to send to the children in Afghanistan. These are the first two that I helped make.
She taught me how to make these cute tie shirts for Daniel (okay, this project, she practically did herself....I wasn't much help)
and these cute flowers for Emma's hair.

I am hoping that some of my friends talent will rub off on me and I can finish that frienship quilt I started two years ago with the MBA Spouses Association. I wouldn't count on seeing that finished product on a post anytime soon.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Nice to see a post! I didn't even realize how crafty we've been lately. It just runs through me, I can't help it. I have to have an outlet. Thanks for sharing it with me. It's more fun with a friend.

Amy Sue said...

I need to be surrounded by crafty friends! Looks like you've been keeping busy. Oh, and I love the new family pic!

Laurel said...

You're hilarious! I know you're craftier than you're letting on. And don't forget that you could PUNK ME every time on food storage. :) I'm just glad you're using your bow board! Now it just needs to get up on Emma's wall...

Mandy said...

Love the little shirts with the ties! Too cute.