Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Twilight

Will has been doing more reading lately. He just finished the Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game Series and was looking for another series to start. I thought it would be fun for him to read the Twilight books to see what all the hype was about. So, we borrowed the first three books from the library and we are taking turns reading. Will finished Twilight last week and just finished New Moon yesterday. So, tonight Will was at Standard's Night because he works with the young men in our ward. One of the speakers invited everyone that had read Twilight to raise their hands. Will came home a little embarrassed that he had been caught reading a "girlie" book. I think it is super sweet that he is reading these books with me and it makes for fun and interesting conversation. I really didn't think he would ever read them, but then again, I didn't think he would ever wear pink and he passed that milestone a couple of months ago. It makes me wonder what the future holds.....

5 comments:

Nora said...

Oh man....he's definitely crossed over. I cant believe you got him to read Twilight. I was barely able to make Mike watch the movie with me...and even then it was only b/c there were no other movies at Redbox. I guess he wins some points for being a good husband. And I cant believe he admitted to reading them at church too! Most "men" would have lied and not raised their hand. Good for you Will....just don't let Jacob know.

Megan said...

Very impressive. That is just more proof for my theory that we all mellow out as we get older and learn more balance...even between genders. That's awesome!

Laurel said...

That's awesome. :) Jason crossed the "pink" bridge a few years ago, but I don't think he enjoys casual reading enough to enter the world of Twilight with me. ha! The movies are all I can hope for there!

Jason (or sometimes Laurel) said...

Will, Will, Will. I don't know what to say. I feel like I don't even know who you are anymore.

Mandy said...

Brandon read them when I read them. Nothing wrong with reading a good story, right? I'd be more worried if he was reading Jane Austen with me. (But he has already refused to pick up any of those novels!)