I love family themed costumes for Halloween. Last year, our theme was The Wizard of Oz. This year our theme was Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Will wasn't sure that we could find a Goldilocks costume so we tried to convince Emma to do the theme Little Red Riding Hood. Emma wouldn't hear of changing the theme. I tried buying a Goldilocks costume at the store but it was too small. Online I found another costume, but it was too big. And then I glanced in Emma's closet and I found the dress that was just right. A couple of months ago, I took an old dress of mine from my parents house hoping to fix it up so that Emma could wear it. I never got around to fixing it and it got too small (small to wear at church, not too small to wear as a costume). So, here is the finished product.

OK, so Will and I don't look spectacular but the kids look great.
We went trick or treating at an outdoor mall with some friends. I mentioned to Will that with baby boy number #2 we could be the Incredibles next year.....but I don't like the idea of a spandex costume.


6 comments:
Susie,
Your kids are sooo cute! I love the lion costume!
Yay for themes! And for theme blog writing...the first dress was too small..you're awesome. By the way, my John Deere logo...printed out the logo, cut it out, traced it onto the posterboard and cut it again. too much hassle, but i was still proud of it.
So cute. I tried to talk my husband into doing this same theme this year as Ashley already had a teddy bear costume and Alyssa definately has golden locks, but he isn't into dressing up and I'm not much into it either so we settled for the princess costume and nothing for the adults.
VERY cute theme this year. :) I love that you guys have so faithfully kept the themes going. And I love Emma's dress! Definitely not too short for a costume. (Does that make me a bad person if I let Isabel wear ones that length to church, then?)
Great costumes!! And another BOY! Exciting!!
The kids look so cute!.....you both look scary. I'm surprised the little kids didnt start crying when they saw your bear masks. Cute idea. Way to be creative Susie
Post a Comment