The good: Today I found my phone charger! So, on my way to Germany I lost my phone. Luckily, my sister let me have one of their old phones but she couldn't find the charger. When I returned home, Will had the "new" (to me) phone activated and bought a charger. Well ever since that day I couldn't find the charger. So, when I really need a phone, Will let's me borrow his and the other days I just go without. He has offered to buy me a new charger or a new phone (like the one I originally lost on my way to Germany) but I refuse. Well today I was looking in a bin labeled electronics and I found my charger. So, I charged my phone and took it to with me to Emma's swim class.
The bad: My newly charged phone died after I jumped into the pool to rescue Emma. Emma is in her second week of group swim lessons at a private home. All of the children are supposed to sit on the pool steps as the teacher practices swimming skills with each child. Emma refuses to sit quietly and patiently on the steps and walks off of them a couple of times each lesson. Since I am usually occupied pacifying Daniel or making sure Evan doesn't jump in the pool the teacher recruits others to help watch Emma. Today Evan and Daniel were being pretty good so I took my turn in preventing any drowning episodes. Within a couple of minutes she walked off the steps and I pulled her back to the side. She did it a couple of more times and the teacher helped because she was a little further out than my short arms could reach. Well, Emma doesn't understand that drowning is a bad thing and walked off the steps again but this time the teacher wasn't close by and she was out of my reach so I jumped into the pool. I was wearing jeans and a white shirt. I pulled her out and set her on the steps. I figured she would think that was a big deal and stop because I went in after her with all my clothes on but it didn't phase her. Before the lesson was over I went in after her again. Finally, I took her out of the pool and told her she could not continue with the lesson because she was not listening to her teacher and staying on the step. She threw a huge fit/tantrum. (I bet your wondering why I didn't do this the first day of classes when she walked off the step the first time. My answer....I really thought she would think almost drowning was scary and she would eventually stop and I didn't want to waste my money by making her sit out.) Hopefully she will be good tomorrow but just in case she isn't I don't think I'll be wearing a white shirt to any more of her swim lessons.
More of Emma's bad behavior and other things she got into today.....
I really don't know what to do with her. She is constantly getting in to my things and making messes. Within the last couple of weeks, she has gotten into my make-up and my siblings make-up, baby formula, bath salts, shampoo, liquid soap, etc. There is no stopping her. I thought she was past this stage but it is just getting worse becuase she makes one mess and I reprimand her for it and she makes another mess within the same hour. At the beginning I thought it was funny and cute (the picture is of her after she got into a tub of butter) but now I am really bothered. Any suggestions?


4 comments:
Oooooh... Yikes! As for the butter, I absolutely LOVE having a lock on our refridgerator. Doesn't bother me in the least bit.
It generally works for Isabel when we just move things out of her reach, behind a locked "something", AND reprimand her for getting into things she's not supposed to. I am personally not against a spanking on the bum or making her stand with a nose in the corner for "x" amount of time, either. (Again, along with my concept of moving something out of her reach.)
These kids of ours are smart, however, so it's always going to be tricky. CURSES to smart/clever/creative genes!
I'm sorry. I really am. But still, I got a good laugh out of the swimming escapades.
Oh man! Emma is an animal! I cant believe you jumped in a pool with your clothes on! A white shirt no less! I have a lot to learn before i become a good Mom like you Susie. Keep up the good work!
Holy cow - what a picture! I have no ideas for you. I'm so lame!! Just wish we were there so I could help you out. (Seriously...I voted for Vegas. Obviously, I lost the vote!) Good luck with the swimming lessons. I'm counting down until they start up again in May!
Post a Comment