Now, to MY budget cuts. We cut dance lessons so that Emma could go to preschool and she LOVES it! There is no going back....believe me, I've tried. So, I was thinking maybe I could teach (using the word very loosely) her dance at home. I still have my tap shoes from when I took tap at BYU and I danced some in high school. I don't think I could get away with being a "Miss Peabody" (I'm not very dramatic) but I think that we could put on some music and practice some basic dance skills. We really need some fun activities to keep Emma busy at home to prevent her form getting into trouble. Now I need some brilliant ideas of what kind of music we could use and what kind of activities we could do.....please....did I mention I am not very creative.......I need your ideas.
14 years ago


4 comments:
That might be the smartest mom I've ever heard of! And yes, I think you should give it a whirl for dance with Emma.
Music. Ballet: any kind of piano solo/duet something or other would be awesome (work on positions, plies, balance...). Tap: anything jazzy, or country would work surprisingly well (I'm thinking shuffle-ball-change, basic side-step, toe taps front-side-front-side, get her to recognize rhythm...). And let her just rock out to fun 50s music!
Whatever you do, be sure to post video!
(And for the record, Isabel started "smiling" like that lately. fjalsjfiasofj That's me grumbling for the day we try to take a family picture for the Christmas card this year.)
Disney soundtracks! Teach her basic ballet like the positions. That's all Maggie has been learning at her lessons, and she LOVES it!
I'm no help with the dance moves, but I love the idea. Maybe Tyler will learn to play the piano after all!
You're not very dramatic?!? What did all of those years at the Conservatory teach you?
I can't help much because Alyssa is taking dance and I have no idea what music her teacher is using or what she is learning. I think they are doing some kind of ho-down dance. Just put on fun music that she likes and teach her some basic steps. Or if you are brave enough, coreograph something simple.
Good Luck!
We did the opposite-dance lessons and home school preschool. I'm enjoying the cash it saved, but it makes me sad every time I see kids her age going to preschool. I think I regret the decision.
Post a Comment